Ola Electric Scooter
Ola Electric, an electric mobility company founded by Bhavish Aggarwal, is known for its ride-sharing platform, Ola, in India. Ola Electric had introduced its electric scooter, called the Ola S1, in the Indian market.
The Ola S1 electric scooter was launched with several notable features, including a claimed range of over 100 kilometers on a single charge, fast-charging capabilities, and a top speed of around 70 km/h. It was equipped with smart features like app connectivity, which allowed users to track vehicle status, set geo fencing, and access other connected services.
The Ola S1 was anticipated to be one of the most popular electric scooters in India due to its competitive features, attractive design, and Ola's established presence in the ride-hailing market. Some key features of the Ola S1 electric scooter at the time were:
- Performance: The scooter was expected to have good acceleration and a decent top speed, making it suitable for urban commuting.
- Range: Ola claimed that the S1 could offer an impressive range on a single charge, which is crucial for electric scooters.
- Battery: The scooter was equipped with a removable lithium-ion battery pack for easy charging.
- Connectivity: The Ola S1 was expected to have smart features and connectivity options, enhancing the user experience.
- Variants: Ola Electric offered the S1 in multiple variants, including one with a more affordable price tag called the Ola S1 Pro.
- Booking and Sales: The scooter was planned to be available for booking online through Ola Electric's website and mobile app.